Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Who was watching?

I saw this quote the other day and immediately I thought of all my students past and present!  This year marks my sixth year in Kindergarten.  One of my first students came by my room this morning and saw his class picture on the wall and pointed with a stunned look. "Five years ago...can you believe it?!"  He shook his head.  I love watching these kiddos grow up, but I don't get to see very many of them.  Some have moved on to other schools.  Some have moved to other cities, states, and countries.  But one thing I know for sure...they took knowledge of Jesus with them!  The same student who visited me this morning once said, "I can't get that song out of my head!"  And my reply was, "That is the point!  Hide God's Words deep in your heart and you will always know His love!"

One of my students will be moving back to Japan in November.  He is very shy, but I love watching him learn to trust me and talk to me.  He is participating in class with me.  Today, I watched him singing the songs and practicing Proverbs 3:1-6.  By the time his family leaves, we will have learned several more songs and John 1:1-6.  He will have heard truth from God's Word along with all the letters and numbers.  I am praying that those things he has learned in K5 will impact his thinking for his whole life!  And that someone will cross his path and remind him that God loves him and sent His Son to die for him.

That...that is why I teach!  So children may learn the truth at an early age and love Jesus with all their heart and soul and mind!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment