Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It amazes me what can bring me to tears sometimes!

As the kids work diligently on their school work, I always find a number of things to keep myself busy.  This morning I was flipping through the the Oriental Trading Company catalog before throwing it away.  Nonchalantly browsing...and the next thing I know my throat hurts and tears are running down my face...crazy!  It wasn't that it was too pricey or stressful...it was the realization that last St. Patrick's Day...we were in the hospital having just come through surgery.  It is still fresh in my mind...God showed Himself to our family in a very real and powerful way!  A year later...I am still overwhelmed by His mercy and amazed by His grace...and it hits me at the most unusual times!
What has God done for you?  Do you thank Him?  Because of what He has done for me in the past...I can thank Him for what He is going to do for me in the present!  He has boundless love, mercy, and grace that will meet our needs even now.  "I will trust Him for tomorrow...because He was faithful yesterday!"
I am thankful for the reminder this morning...even as I did something so insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment