Friday, January 28, 2011

Is music part of your day?

Every morning, we turn on God-honoring music while we begin to move around sipping coffee, preparing, and eating breakfast.  This morning as I stood at the waffle iron, Ron Hamilton's voice came over the internet air waves.  We sang this song, The Secret Place, in choir before our director moved south.  The words are powerful and convicting.
 How often do we allow God to minister to our hearts?  How often do we listen to what He wants to say through His Word? through Godly music?  What we listen to...or don't listen to...sets the tone in our home!  Do you use godly discretion when you choose music for your home, office, and vehicle?  What are you filling your mind with each day?  What are you filling your children's minds with each day?  Are you even filling these minds with anything?  If you are not...you are setting yourself and your children up for satanic attack.  Oooo...we don't like to think of it that way, do we?  Satan is a roaring lion...seeking for ways to gain entrance into our homes and minds...never resting...never settling.
We want our home to be a quiet place of peace and rest...and we find that by spending time with the One who is the author of peace, power, love, and sound minds! (I Cor. 14:33, I Tim. 1:7) God doesn't want us to live in fear and confusion...because He is a God of order (I Cor. 14:40).  We don't leave voids...that Satan can come in and fill.  And we don't use the world's standards to be the guide for the music we bring into our home.  We use God's Word and wisdom from Godly men to teach us and train us to make wise choices.  If we are truly allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us each day, we know what music (and various other activities) are pleasing to God...and we don't have to spend time defending and arguing this topic.
 
Hebrews 4:12-13  "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do."

It all comes down to the issue of the heart!  Who does your heart belong to?  The world...Your flesh...or God.  It is as simple as that!  Whomever holds your heart...is the one that you will please!  It is a daily battle...Galatians 2:20 "...yet not I, but Christ liveth in me..."

Today, He used the words of this song to remind me what He does for me...sometimes in the secret places as I spend time with Him...and sometimes...at a waffle iron!

The Secret Place
I've found a secret place


Of comfort & release,

A special place of healing,

A quiet place of peace.

And everyone who dwells there

Finds rest beneath God's wings.

In the shade of His pavilion

New strength He always brings.

- - -

I find hope, I find grace


Far away from the world's embrace.


He gives me rest; He keeps me safe,


I find His strength, I seek His face


In the secret place.

- - -

With every trial He brings,

My Lord will make a way--

To strengthen & protect me,

To help me face each day.

He leads me through the valley

To draw me closer still,

Knowing even in the shadows

I find his perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment