Sunday, May 24, 2020

May 14

Just for Moms,
How sweet to see each of you yesterday! You all have been such a blessing to me each day and I want you to know that! Your constant vigil over details of school as well as your responsibilities as wife and mother!
I noticed your peaceful smiles as you got out of your vehicles. You may have felt a little rushed or scattered on the inside...but you showed a different picture! Let's face it...when you are getting out of a vehicle...you are not thinking about who is watching. Did you have something similar to this unconscious dialog in your head as you were focused on not falling ungracefully out of the vehicle? "I'm dressed. Oh good, shoes match. I hope my boy's hair isn't sticking up now as his head rested against the car seat. Did I wipe snack on the face? Don't lock your keys in the car. Did the bow I put in my girl's hair match? Oh the sun feels good! Ahhh, a family outing! I'm glad we didn't have to go far, we can't get in the building, please, God, no potty accidents today, it will be my undoing. This is a happy time...oh...I can't cry! How did we get here...first grade is next. I did my hair and makeup for the first time 8 weeks. I kind of feel pretty. I wonder how hard I will have to hint about stopping for a treat to celebrate. I will not cry."
And you were probably giving last second instructions as you walked around to the other doors...your mind going a hundred different directions...and then you look up. We are mothers...it is what we do! All. the. time. For about five seconds you were by yourself in your own little world...and it is in those moments that what is going on inside comes out.
You are welcome! Now you will forever be conscious of what is happening in those type of life moments...and you will notice actions of others. All of that to say...people are watching our lives! Lately, our life watchers have been those who live with us. It can be a little unsettling! Ted was looking at me last night...I was sitting in the recliner with puppies on me. I said, "What!?" He said nothing and just smiled. It unnerved me a little! But I felt loved too. Yes...I am still trying to figure out if there was something I missed...I was in my own little world.
Now as we get to get out more, our lives will either be an encouragement or discouragement to others. I have been reminded just recently again that a smile and a kind greeting makes the difference in any exchange...and it goes both ways! Proverbs 14:1-7, 12, 26-33 (and more) point us to our walk and how our walk will affect others. Rejoice in the victories and refresh areas of weakness.
With love,
Kari...just a mom who was encouraged by all our mothers of Kindergarteners during this coronavirus episode 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment