Saturday, May 30, 2020

"POUR into someone...


who will pour into you."
I understand the idea but I believe that we should POUR into others...
whether they pour into you or not!
I read this quote the other day, and while I liked it...I also had trouble accepting it as written.
Provide
Offer
Uplift
Rebuild
God's Word tells me that I am to edify.  (Romans 14:19, I Corinthians 10:23, I Thessalonians 5:11)
 I am to testify and teach others also. (Titus 2)
I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  I am watching people pour into my children.  I remember with fondness those who have poured into my life...some are now with the Lord.  If Jesus Christ is my example, then I should live life as He lived.  I know He is perfect, and I am not.
Christ did not just pour into people who poured into Him.  Thankfully...He is not a respecter of persons.  He met the woman at the well.  He touched the blind man.  He healed a lame man.  He healed the woman with the issue of blood.  He healed the maniac of Gadara.  None of those people poured into Jesus...yet He offered living water, forgiveness, love, hope, and healing.  He gave...till He gave it all on the cross of Calvary...and He still gives freely to all that come to Him.
Who am I pouring into today?

No comments:

Post a Comment