Thursday, June 18, 2020

I love all things coffee!

Coffee is how I start my day!  
I want it.  
I need it!  
I am crabby when it is not there.  
I grumble if it is gone.
Coffee represents more than just a hot beverage to me.  There are moments of remembrance and sharing with friends and family that are special.  I love to share it.
I love to taste it.  I love to smell it.  I love to hear it.  I love to see it.  I love to touch it.
I saw this picture posted by a friend advertising her friend's artwork.  I saved the picture because I loved her explanation of the saying.  I shall paraphrase...
"Everything that comes my way today...is from the Lord."
Oh that I would linger over the truth of these words as I savor my first cup of coffee every morning!  Everything that God has given me to do today...when I am yielded to His voice...has already passed through His mind and hands.  Did I ask for His guidance?  Approval?  Care?  Or did I dive headlong into what I wanted to do without considering God's will for me today?  Was I still long enough to hear His words?  Did I take time to read His words?
Do I consider what God has called me to do as a wife and a mother as holy?  Somethings are just so daily...over and over and over...  Really!?! God can be glorified as I clean a dirty bathroom, stand and wash dishes again, and fold the same clothes for the thousandth time?
Admittedly, I do the things...but not always happily.  
Usually, I feel rushed and have time limits looming over my head.  
Until...March 2020...and everything slowed down...and then stopped.
As life situations begin to pick up speed again, I am thankful for the summer months of a teacher life.  I can work back into routine...if I want...some days.  There is time to just do nothing or not do anything rushed.  
I still have time to take care of things as a wife and mother without the hectic schedule.  I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be at normal functioning levels again.  What is normal?  Will there be a new normal?  Do I even want to know what the new normal is?
For now...I think I will just be grateful that God knows what is ahead.  
He gives me just what I need for each day. 
I will only drink from the cup of coffee...
freshly brewed and hot...
to be savored right at that appointed time of day.


No comments:

Post a Comment