Tuesday, June 2, 2020

June 2, 2020

When I read through Proverbs 2, I read the words "If" and "Then" many times.  There are many times now that I sit back and watch our children navigate life.  I silently wonder if we taught them everything we should have.  Is there anything that we forgot?  Is there something we messed up on teaching?  Could we have done better?
Do I look up enough?

I know many parents go through these thought processes...and then linger on the guilt.
I don't want to linger there...because then satan wins.
I don't want to take away our children's responsibility or accountability for their actions as individuals with a free will.  I don't want to step in the way of God's sovereignty in our life as well as our children's lives.
We have asked for God's wisdom numerous times!  I know He has directed through our guidance.  
I know He has stopped our mouths and inserted His words multiple times.  I know He can work through the mistakes as well.
At some point...we all have to step back and let our children fly.  Some will flap wildly...flailing all about in fear.  Some will not flap at all...and fall...maybe getting hurt and suffering through injury.  Some will soar...strong and high.  We have allowed our children to stretch out and try out their wings as they ready to leave our nest.  We have had a couple mishaps...but thankfully...they have been close to the nest to allow their parents to help and show them how to soar.  Baby bird #2 is getting ready to jump out of our nest for new adventures and I find myself, once again, wondering.

 Questions with Dad on the deck...and searching through God's Word for answers...on their own but together without fear of saying the wrong things.  I am so thankful for a wise man to help guide and steer our family in the right direction.  Life has not been easy...but when you are willing to submit to doing things God's way...there is peace.
                                                              Unbelievable peace!
I am thankful that God brings a sweet time around His Word as a family to remind me...they are are learning to understand and use discretion and good judgment.  If we don't take the time to teach our children truth...someone else will teach something...and it could be devastating.


No comments:

Post a Comment