Monday, June 29, 2020

It is what inside that counts!

 My sister and I went strawberry picking last week.  It was a beautiful day in Michigan to spend the morning outside in the strawberry fields!  We came home with boxes full of beautiful strawberries to make into freezer jam and yummy treats.  I picked up a nice, ripe, sweet piece of fruit, but when I turned it over, I found that the inside was rotten, not noticeable right away.  What a vivid picture of life!  We view the outside...but God views our heart!  I Samuel 16:7 the Lord reminded Samuel not to look at the outward countenance as man does.
What is on the inside will always come out!  Look at this picture!  Something got inside the strawberry causing it to rot but it was not visible till it was cut open.  The outside looked like everything was just right...and then the pressure came!  I am thankful for the the lessons that God brings our way when we are least expecting them...it is in those moments that I know He is reminding me to be constantly vigilant.  What am I letting in that will cause me to be spiritually rotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment