Friday, December 25, 2020

Peace that only God can give...2020

How are you ever prepared to hear the word cancer?  We wait for tests.  We wait to hear results of tests.  And then...the result is known...it is what you hoped...prayed  it wouldn't be.  Now it is known.  

How do you help someone deal with what all that word means?  We wait for appointments.  We wait for more tests and scans.  And...we pray...and wait some more.

My sister got the diagnosis of breast cancer.

How?

Why?

What?!

I sat stunned after the news...knowing that it is not going to be an easy thing to deal with...so many questions.  Fear of the unknown and fear of the known.  Plans. 

And in the midst of it all...there is peace.  Peace in knowing that the God who loves me...loves her...has all things under His control.  He knew the results of the tests long before we did.  He has allowed this in her life for a reason...I have no idea what that is or why it is necessary.  But I do know from the past...that God is always good and He will give what is needed in the storms of life.

I will not fear.

I will trust.

I will cry with my sis.  I will laugh with her.  I will hold her hand.  I will share time in this storm.

We have talked about this hope our whole life.  We have read the words of God for ourselves and taught it to others.  We have sung about our God.  We have memorized the Scripture...and now...we draw on all that we have learned and know to be true and say we believe!

Only He can give a peace that passes all understanding in the storms of life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment