Tuesday, June 18, 2024

He asked me, "Listen to this...and tell me...What does that mean to you?"

Surrender:  to cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority;  to give up or hand over a person, rights, or possessions typically on compulsion or demand;  to abandon oneself entirely to a powerful emotion or influence, to give in to;  lose a point, game, or advantage;  an insured person cancels (a life insurance policy) and receive back a proportion of the premiums paid

All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live
All to Jesus I surrender
Humbly at His feet I bow
Worldly pleasures all forsaken
Take me, Jesus, take me now
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
All to Jesus I surrender
Make me Savior wholly thine
May Thy Holy Spirit fill me
May I know Thy power divine
I surrender all
I surrender all
All to Thee my blessed Savior
I surrender all
To me...it means saying I am not going to hold on to having and doing things my own way.  It means letting go and following God's way...and not taking things back into my grasp and hold.  It means hands off!  It is easy to say I will let go of control...but it is another thing to actually release the grip you have on something and actually let it go.  It's our human instinct to grab at what is falling, tumbling, and spinning out of control.
God's ways are not our ways!  He does not flail His hands trying to gain control.  He always has us in His grip and under control.  His time table is not our time table!  He has plans.  We have plans.  But what happens when the plans don't match up...when we get anxious and frustrated...when we don't like His plans...when we second guess His plans...
Surrender is more than just an idea we sang about our whole life.  It is living in faith.  It is bringing our thoughts and plans in line with what He wills by asking in prayer.  Surrender is a daily letting go to allow God to work in the small details as well as in the big ideas...for His good purpose knowing He will get the glory.  What am I attempting to hold on to each day?  What will it take for me to freely give in surrender?

No comments:

Post a Comment